Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Dream List

Well I have given much thought to this and I feel that this will be an ongoing list. I am going to start with 4 things and my list will probably continue. In my list, I either wish for these things to come true, or have dreamt something that made me very happy. So here we go:

1. I would love to go to Paris. I have always wanted to go there and do 2 things: first, see the Eiffel tower, especially when it sparkles at night. Then I would like to sit at a little cafe and watch the people go by as I drink my Orangina and eat my baggette. I would really love to be there in July so I could see part of the Tour de France and watch the cyclists climb L'Alpe D'huez. I would like to see if I could listen and understand the language and maybe even speak a little. I would love to see the Louvre and the Arc de Triumphe. After that, I would like to drive through the country and see the landscape and the castles. For some reason, I feel like France is a very romantic and old fashioned city, and who can't love a country when they have pastries like that?

2. I would really like to meet Thomas S Monson. I have always been fascinated with him, and maybe it is because we share the same birthday. After attending President Hinckley's viewing, the only regret I had was not meeting him in person. The closest I have ever been to a General Authority was when I was at the back of the cultural hall and L Tom Perry was on the stand. One time I went to clean the Conference Center after General Conference, and I cannot tell you the overwhelming feeling I had that a Prophet of God had been in that room. I have no idea how I will ever get to meet him, but I would like to give it a good try.

3. I would like to run a marathon. I know, this one is crazy and I am not sure if I could physically endure it. I think running a marathon is quite an accomplishment. And I have read that "People with self-esteem do esteemable things." I know that personally for myself that running a marathon would push me beyond all of my physical capabilities. I would really have to stretch and prepare myself for such a physical demand. When I was a teen and had to run for gym, the cartilage in between my ribs would rub and flare up. It was very painful. I was taken to a doctor and he told me that I would probably should never run. Well, after many 5K's and a couple of triathlons, I am not going to let that diagnosis hold me back. So maybe one day, if I register, come and see me run the St. George Marathon.

4. Ok, this is the dream one, but I once had a dream where I was speaking to a very large crowd about something that was extremely important to me. It is not an ambition I have to be successful, but I would like to be significant. Being in front of a crowd is not paralyzing to me. I do get scared and nervous, but if I am passionate about something, then I really want to share it and tell everyone I know. Maybe that is why in my dream I am speaking to thousands of people. I have had life altering moments in my life and I want to share it with everyone. I use to twirl the baton as a child and in my college years I twirled in front of the entire stadium at the University of Utah. Really large numbers are much easier than an intimate group. Anyway, one day I would like to do something so significant in my life that I can share it with others and make them as happy as I have ever been.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Great List!!

For some reason, I thought you had been to Paris.. Like right after you and Brian were married?? Didn't you go with your Mom??
Maybe I have you confused with Katie.
I'm going to try and blog my dream lists tommorrow. We'll see how the day goes. We are alot alike with the speaking thing. I actually enjoy giving talks. In fact, I'd rather do that than public prayers.. I know... Weird. Someday I hope to say something signifigant too! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails