Friday, July 29, 2011

A Book, An Idea and A Teaching Opportunity

I found this book as I was preparing for Girls Camp this year.  When I found out the theme of the book, I instantly bought it.  The book is called:

"The Princess and the Kiss"

A Story of God's Gift of Purity

Here is the description of the book from Amazon:

A loving king and queen present their daughter with a gift from God - her first kiss - to keep or to give away. The wise girl waits for the man who is worthy of her precious gift. Where is he and how will she ever find him? The surprising answer in this marvelous parable will touch the heart of parent and child alike.The Princess and the Kiss beautifully portrays the ageless message that "love... comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith"
I have read this book many times to Shae and she loves it and I love it too!  It is very funny and classic and conveys of message that I love.  If you have a daughter, I HIGHLY recommend getting this book for her.  Especially as the media is becoming more and more bold on degrading the female body and spirit.

A little while later, I had an idea.  Would this not be a great theme for New Beginnings, Standards Night or YW in Excellence?

The possibilities are endless on this one.  Also, this craft from "Under My Umbrella" would be an absolute perfect and gorgeous hand out for the event.



Go to http://undermypolkadotumbrella.blogspot.com/2009/12/glass-jar-lantern.html to get instructions on how to create these amazing jars!!

I can honestly say that as I work with the YW and their leaders, virtue and chastity is one of the biggest problems that are spiritually wounding our young women.  We as mothers, leaders and women need to be bold on our stance of virtue and chastity and very clear of what the standards are that have been set by prophets of God for their safety and protection. 

If you would like a brush up on what the For Strength of Youth booklet teaches us, click here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails