Friday, July 8, 2011

What to Eat? Summer Salad


I get asked quite a bit what I eat lately.  Most of you see me with my sugar free pudding packs as I am on the go, but I really do eat quite the variety.

Today, I would love to share with you my favorite salad that I eat.  Inspired by Wendy's Berry Almond Salad, yet way cheaper and a bit more healthier.

So here we go:

3-4 oz of Chicken Breast
Blueberries
Strawberries
Romain Lettuce
Slivered Almonds
Sugar Free Raspberry vinaigrette

I usually make this just for myself, so the portions are for one.  Add Romain lettuce to a bowl.  Shred up cooked chicken breast and add on to salad.  Wash a handful of blueberries, wash and slice up 4 strawberries, sprinkle on slivered almonds on top, and I do about 3-4 Tbs of dressing.  It's only 5 calories a Tbs, I can go to town with this one. 

Sometimes I will add a little low fat skim mozzarella cheese to my salad.  But only when I remember. 

Voila!  Easy as pie and way cheaper than $5.00 salad at Wendy's.

Very delicous and very healthy! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails