Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rembember Who You Are!



Yesterday, one of my Young Woman dropped off her graduation announcement. I am so excited for her as she begins a new life at BYU Idaho and really starts her life as a woman. It made me reflect back to my graduation, hence the picture I chose today. To make a long story short, Brian and I started dating seriously right before I graduated from High School. Hence, he came to my graduation with a dozen pink roses, so awesome!

I really enjoy this picture because this is the time that we really began the love we have now. I had known Brian many years before my graduation, and from moment 1 we were like best friends. When he returned from his mission, I had some issues to work through and basically treated him terribly. It was at Jordan's mission farewell (around the end of April) that I finally realized what an awesome guy I had standing before me and that's when I knew that I was going to have to really fight to get him back. This picture was taken at the beginning of June, so this was 4 weeks in to 2 years of dating, 8 month engagement and almost 9 years of marriage. Pretty crazy, huh? I wish I had a picture of the first time we met, but that is another post, for another day!

I look back at the girl I use to be and feel that I have progressed much further than who she is. It's funny, when you are in high school, you think that you are an adult and when you look back you know that you have a ton more maturing to do to reach that state. I still do not think I have hit adulthood myself. Speaking of maturity, yes that is my sister making faces behind us and so you know the way I scanned this picture is the way it was in my frame!


So heres to reflecting the high school days. May I never have to experience anything like that again. I really love and appreciate the life I have now and here's to growing up into the woman I will someday become!

6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I Love the photo! You remind me of somebody there, and I just can't think of who?? I know what you mean about thinking we were adults then... I have grown and been through alot since those days too!

It's fun that we were married only 1 month apart from each other. One day Chad and I will have to celebrate somewhere exotic wit you and Brian... Maybe when we reach 20 or 30 years??

You have grown alot, and it seems evertime I see you, I can see that you are continually striving to always be the best you can be!
Brian is lucky to have you!

Kristen said...

Okay - that picture could have been taken yesterday. You guys don't look any older! That's awesome you have photos of you two from that day.

Clarke and Kamie said...

oh boy--love Janet in that pic. So funny! I agree--High School days seem like so far away!

Amber Burt said...

It is fun to look back at pictures from the beginning of our relationships and to see how much we have grown!

The Dorsey's said...

GOOD GRAVY!!!! Quickly photoshop my happy butt out of that picture. What was I doing? More importantly, what was I thinking! I look like one of those idiots who stand behind reporters and do stupid things. *Hides in embarrassment*

Sorry Suz, it will be a lovely picture once the background has been removed. You look beautiful as always. <3

{Mo} said...

I love it. I may have to dig out pictures from when Derrick and I were dating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails