Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Things that have made me giggle lately......Part 2

Paper Eating Cat

Forget "the dog ate my homework!"




Over here we have "the cat ate my sacrament program part!"


Carmel Apples!


Homemade Apple Pie Carmel Apples! Oh yes ladies!! This is the Carmel that is so soft and gooey! The one that takes me an hour to stir and make! I invited all to come and partake on facebook, but no one wanted to participate except for poor Jek who lives on the East Coast! (Go East Coasters!) So we have been handing out the apples to friends and family!


Family Mix In

We were invited to do a family night mix in with some friends. How you play is someone brings ice cream, others bring toppings, and Todd mixes whatever your heart delights on a cold cutting board and a round shape knife with a log handle. His knife is creepy to look at, but once he gets going, the event turns magical. We had vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, vanilla bean and vanilla yogurt for our choice of flavors of ice cream.

For mix ins we had Snickers, M&M's, Twix, Almond Joy, Kit Kat, Hershey, Oreo's, Reeses, fresh strawberries and raspberries.

I of course had my thinking cap on and brought a secret ingredient: YELLOW CAKE MIX!


Dear Coldstone,
I know it has been a while since I have come to visit you. You must think I hate you or something. I don't! You just cost so dang much for a small bowl of your deliciousness and my money says that I shouldn't see you anymore. I wonder if late at night you stare out your window and wonder if maybe I will stop by tonight or if I am with someone else. Remember that time when we were running in the field together? Good times! Good times! Well, I think I need to be honest from here on out.
I have met someone new. We met last night at a family mix in. You see, I brought my own cake mix and combined it with vanilla ice cream and BAM! It was love at first sight. Yes, some may say that I am in love with someone who looks a lot like you, however, this scrumptious delight treats me so much better than you ever will. Even the strawberries are supportive of this relationship, they like the other ice cream too.
It's not you, it's me!
I'm so sorry for dumping you like this! Can we still be friends?
Sincerely,
Suzanne



10 comments:

Mackenzie said...

BTW: Your cat is beautiful!! Love those green eyes.

I am bummed out that I missed out on the caramel apples. I thought I had responded to your facebook invite, but I guess I was mistaken.

It has been forever since we have chatted. It would be good to get together.

Kristen said...

You MADE apple pie apples? Ooooh, that looks good. Way to go wonder woman! Hopefully I won't have other plans the next time you get this ambitious. :)

Ann Marie said...

Why do you make apples when I am away??? NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to try them! If I would have been here.. I would have been on your door step BEFORE I could even have the time to respond on FB! ha-ha

So cute that your cat likes paper.. he-he

Oh Suzanne... have you tried Maggie Moo's? Beats Coldstone to me fo SHO!
If you havent been.. we will go.. one day soon!

Mackenzie said...

And by green eyes, I meant blue eyes.

Suzanne said...

Mackenzie, Kristen and Ann!

I will happily come over to your home and make carmel apples anytime you want. The hour spent with you would be well worth my time! Seriously, any time just call me, I will give you the ingredients and then I will come over and stir like a fool! -Suzanne

The Dorsey's said...

Vanilla ice cream and yellow cake mix.....INGENIOUS!!!

Sarahfina is adorable as always. My two cats lay on any paper they can find, they haven't really tried to eat it. However Vhad loves packing tape. If we get a box in the mail, he will be nudging it all day trying to get me to open it.

Carmel Apples....yummmmm. See you tomorrow!

CB said...

What a great idea to have a "Mix In" party!! Cold Stone who???? They are too dang expensive. Your party sounds fun!

The cat - too funny! In our house the dog gets everything.

Clarke and Kamie said...

now I'm starving!!! :)

Heather said...

LOL!! I love the dear John letter!

I want to know how you make those apples. I need facebook so I can be caught up on things like that. Yummy!

I love the idea of having an ice cream party like that. How fun!

Your cat is darling. LOL!! I love the paper in it's mouth!

Emma said...

Hi Suzanne
OK,so now I really ,REALLY want to go to Utah and just hang out making appels with the other girls!
(.sniff,sniff.)
I am thankful for you and for your sweet blog anyway.
Love,Emma in Norway

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails