Thursday, November 12, 2009

No Matter What, I Always Get Back Up!


Do You Remember This Toy from Your Childhood?


It's one of those inflatable punching bags that I believe are called Bop Bags.
Yes, its's that 4 ft tall inflatable bag with sand or water at the bottom. You would blow it up and then punch the crap out the thing and it would always take your heat. Every time you think that one punch would keep it lying down, the darn thing would pop back up again.
I remember getting so tired of it never staying down that I would jump on top of it and wrestle with the stupid thing for a while. And if you were my sister, take a big ol bite out of the painted face/body and the game would be over as you would sadly watch the bag slowly deflate to a slow and miserable death until the final decision that the toy just needs to be thrown away.
Sometimes in my life, I feel like this punching bag. I can receive a series of blows that I think would flatten me on my back and somehow I always come back up standing as strong as I was before.
How grateful I am for the sand/water that is my foundation to stand on. The force that always bring me back up is the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is my strength and the force that gets me to stand back up. He is the one that gives me hope and I know that I can always depend on Him.
The past few days the punches have been coming fast and furious. I can take anything that life throws at me. The blows, the punches, the left hand hooks, the being wrestled to the ground and even the sharp bites that may appear the air is being sucked out of me and I having nothing left. I can take it because He will stand me back up, He will patch the holes and He will never throw me away.

7 comments:

Mackenzie said...

What is going on over there? We seriously need to talk!!! Hopefully none of those punches have been too bad. It is a pain to have rough patches in life, but this too shall pass.

Love your guts!!!

{Mo} said...

I'm sorry the last few days have been rough. Hopefully it will get better soon.
Can you imagine trying to get through life without the knowledge that you have? What a great gift, to KNOW that He will always be there. Even when I wasn't living my life the way I should, I still had a testimony of our Savior.
Love ya, and hope things get better soon! Monica

PS~ We just bought our boys a bop bag a few months ago and they LOVED it (for the entire week it lasted).

Jenice Henrie said...

I agree, but someone just took a great big bite out of our punching bag and now it will take a little time to patch it and not have to throw anything away.

Cheer up every cloud has a silver lining.

I wish I had 20/20 looking forward instead of looking back. Right now I need glasses just to see what is right in front of my face.

Glad to hear that Shaeler is feeling better.

The Dorsey's said...

Thank you for pointing out that I would bite the faces off those things. I don't even know why I did that to each and everyone. LOL!

Thank you for this post, I need a laugh and the inspiration that things will get better. <3

The Dorsey's said...

*Sorry, dog clicked publish before I could finish my thoughts*

I know you are going through some hard times right now and I wish I was closer to go to lunches and give you hugs. But know that no matter what trials you go through, I will always be there when you need me.

CB said...

Rough times are no fun. I hope it is not too awful bad.
It is good that you can bounce back but I also hope you are not too bruised!
You have friends who care! I am one of them.
Have a Better Friday I hope!

Ann Marie said...

What is going on???
I guess.. that's what bites when you havent talked to friends in a long time... I'm sorry..

Loved this analogy. This is definately me.. the past few weeks. I am determined too.. I guess it's that fighter in us to stay strong and not lose!!

I think I'm going to call ya.
I'm worried.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails