#1. I received my Blog book and new, personally designed day planner in the mail.
I am guessing some of you may have had these same thoughts some time in your blogging life. However, I finally got my Blog book in the mail and cried as I thumbed through the pages of my life documented in hard copy for my posterity to read. It may not be as pretty or organized as some of the blog books I have read, but it took 5 minutes to create and now it is a recorded history of our lives. Hooray for Internet journals! I also received my day planner that I made at Walmart. I am keeping my old one with this Blog book, so that my posterity can see what my schedule looked like the day I made certain blog posts. With these two and my personal journal, I am doing the best that I can to leave my imprint with my family. This brings me great joy!
#2. I had a life changing moment that happened this month.
It was a Friday night and I was sitting in my bed pondering and contemplating all of the negative things in my life. Seriously, for someone who is trying to do their best, why the attack with the negativity? Brian had a bad week at work (well, let's just say he had no work) and I am trying to figure out why? Why all aspects of my life was so sour? I was then given a CD and a book that has completely flipped my life around. It has pointed out to me that happiness comes from within. I am part of divinity and my happiness comes from beauty, love, kindness and gratitude that I recognize in my life. As I have contemplated these things, my life has done a complete 180. Brian too!
In one day, Brian was asked to wire 12 homes throughout the year. In one day, I was surrounded by positive uplifting people. In one day, we found great joy and peace in my family. In one day, I saw the beauty of the snow all around me. In one day, I was given a kind act from a dear friend. I am thriving on finding ways to be a bit more loving and kind. I am thriving in finding beauty all around me. I am thriving on helping those who are bitter to know that they are loved. If you don't like me, I don't care! I love you too much! I am thriving!
I now desire to live a life that is inspiring and fulfilling my dreams. I am still in the works of what my dreams are that I want to accomplish, but when I figure it out (which shall be very soon), I want my next blog book to be full of wonderful dream fulfilling adventures. God has so much to bless us with, we just have to believe in that abundant love and be EXTREMELY grateful for it!
#3. The Kitty Litter Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (12 ounce) package vanilla sandwich cookies (I liked the vanilla oreos)
3 drops green food coloring
1 (12 ounce) package tootsie rolls
1 BRAND NEW Kitty Litter Box
1 BRAND NEW Pooper Scooper
1. Prepare cake mixes and bake according to package directions (any size pan).
2. Prepare pudding according to package directions and chill until ready to assemble.
3.Crumble sandwich cookies in small batches in a food processor, scraping often. (I placed cookies in a zip lock and the 3 of us beat the tar feathers out of it.)
4. Set aside all but 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup add a few drops of green food coloring and mix.
5.When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 of the remaining cookie crumbs, and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, you want the cake to be just moist, not soggy.
6. Line kitty litter box with the kitty litter liner. (I skipped this!) Put cake mixture into box.
7. Put half of the unwrapped tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until softened. Shape the ends so that they are no longer blunt, and curve the tootsie rolls slightly. Bury tootsie rolls randomly in the cake and sprinkle with half of the remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle a small amount of the green colored cookie crumbs lightly over the top.
8. Heat 3 or 4 or 12 of the tootsie rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle lightly with some of the green cookie crumbs. Heat the remaining tootsie rolls until pliable and shape as before. Spread all but one randomly over top of cake mixture. Sprinkle with any remaining cookie crumbs. Hang the remaining tootsie roll over side of litter box and sprinkle with a few green cookie crumbs. Serve with a pooper scooper for a gross out effect.
#4. Next week is my Blog-Anniversary year 2!
I was thinking about how I wanted to celebrate the monumental occasion and I have decided to do it by playing a game. It is like that game of 3 truths and a lie. I am going to post 4 stories starting next week. 3 of them will be real stories and 1 will be my creative imagination at work. On my side bar I will have a poll as to which story you think is the fake one. Now, some of you may know that some of the stories are true and I ask for you not to comment that it will give it away. If you want to answer, then answer it in the poll. On Friday, I will admit which story is made up and which stories are true. I am getting my story telling face on, so hopefully it will leave you questioning what crazy story really is true and which one was made up! Good luck and have fun! I know I will!
I am looking forward to my weekend! I get to clean the temple tonight after my favorite CES class! I get to teach on Sunday which I am so looking forward too! I miss being with the young women and Ward Conferences are giving me a high! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!