Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chicks and Salsa, Ole!!

Forget, the ground hog! We do not waste time with the mammal weather man whose statistics are so wrong that Phil needs to dig a hole and just stay there.
At our house, we celebrated the day with Chicks and Salsa! Nothing gets me more excited for Spring than to think of the Salsa garden and eating fresh salsa prepared by yours truly.
Have you ever read the book Chicks and Salsa by Aaron Reynolds. It is AWESOME!

This is a story about a rooster who is tired of eating the same old boring meal day after day. The brilliant rooster lives a life full of zest and fun because he thinks outside of the box. He figures out how to make salsa and gathers the other animals to have a Fiesta to celebrate. He is definitely not your normal rooster. Shae and I love to read this book together.

Salsa was sounding really good today. So I made Salsa from the Pioneer Woman's recipe and

IT WAS TO DIE FOR!

All healthy and no stick of butter!

It was a dream come true. Even my husband (who is the salsa nazi) gave a thumbs up on this recipe. So below, I give your Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa. The ingredients are below or you can click the link for her step by step process of how to make it!







For the link to PW's website, click below:


Pioneer Woman Restaurant Style Salsa



Or the recipe is right here!

Ingredients
1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
¼ cups Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
¼ teaspoons Sugar
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
½ whole Lime Juice
Preparation Instructions
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese

8 comments:

CB said...

I swear every recipe that woman has is AWESOME!!!!

I love this salsa it is SO good and So easy!! Yum!!

Now you got me hungry!!!!

CB said...

BTW FIRST!!!!!!!

Heather said...

I watched Ground Hogs Day yesterday. How funny.

What a cute book. I love children books.

I will have to try that recipe some time.

{Mo} said...

That book sounds adorable.... I'm going to have to check the library!

And, dang it, now I want salsa. Bad enough to drive 10 min to the store to get the ingredients??? Hmmm, maybe I can beg Derrick to pick them up on the way home?

Miss Megan said...

Definitely gonna try this one! I LOVE the Pioneer Woman's blog - I didn't know that you were a reader too. My old YW President got me hooked. And no, I have never read that book, but I am always on the lookout for the next great kids book. It is definitely going on my "to-read" list. Thanks Susie!

Joy For Your Journey said...

I am with you! I love salsa, especially when the ingredients come fresh from the garden. I don't grow that many myself, but I have these wonderful neighbors who don't have a fence . . . :-) (And I do have permission)

JENNIFRO said...

Now THIS is good to hear!! I am always wishing I could find a good salsa recipe. I hope I actually follow through and make it now. The book sounds cute too. Thanks SO much for that awesome video you sent me today. I seriously giggled when I realized the bar was in the mouse's hands and the music was the BEST! That was clever! I'm showing my kids tonight.

Joy For Your Journey said...

I just went back and read the rest of your stories. (It has been a crazy week and I didn't get a lot of blogging done:-) So those were hilarious!! I love the story of beig in two schools at the same time. It is true, I don't know anyone else who can say they have done that. But about that seminary teacher . . . seriously!! What was his problem!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails