Friday, February 5, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things!

I had such a lovely day yesterday and I want to attribute that to a few of my favorite things!


#1 Trash to Treasure at the MAC counter!

I think these people had no clue that I would take them seriously on their trash to treasure program. My MAC counter offers a free lipstick if you bring in 6 empty containers of used product. Not a problem with the eye brow pencils alone. When things run out, I toss them in my MAC bag and then when I need to get new makeup, I bring my bag and get a free lipstick EVERY time! It so sweet!

Yesterday, I got a new Spring color which is a pink with a little shimmer. It is GORGEOUS and I LOVE IT! Yay for MAC and their Trash to treasure program!


#2 The Feenite predicts an early Spring!


I don't trust a wood chuck to predict my weather conditions. Frankly, I find the creature a bit off, and singing the same song a wee bit too much. Here at our house, we go off of Saraphina! I am part Cat Whisperer, and she has told me that Spring is right around the corner and that our warm temperatures will continue to get warmer, except the occasional storm here and there. By the way, if you are wondering what a Feenite is, it is Saraphina's Book of Mormon name that we have given her. "She is a Feenite, from the land of Joseph, that dwells in a sink." And yes, we all have Book of Mormon nick names. If you really want to know, I will tell you what they are one day.


#3 Barbecuing Italian Chicken and Asparagus!


Oh man! Dinner last night was Fabulous! One of our favorite ways to cook chicken is to marinade it in a Ziploc bag with Italian Dressing. It is ssooo good! Slap on the grill, and you have amazing chicken for dinner. I also water at the mouth for asparagus. Especially grilled asparagus. I clean them off, pour a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add some salt and toss on grill. YUM! With the weather being so great here, I decided to cook this last night and it was a happy feast at our house. Were just Grilling Kind of Folk, ya know?



#4 Kristen's blog entry about Travel Johns





Holy Canoly, this totally made my day. I never thought such a contraption existed, but the people and places that use them.....well you just have to read the reviews.


Please visit my friend Kristen's blog site here.


Thanks Kristen for totally making my day!

5 comments:

heather said...

oh my gosh. i haven't seen Kristina's post yet. It has to be a good one.

Also, I sure hope your cat's right!

Kristen said...

lol - you are welcome!

okay, spill it. and the rest of the Book of Mormon nicknames are...?

CB said...

OMGosh if I ever have to use a travel john it would be useless because I would totally pee down my legs laughing.

I LOVE BBQ's asparagus - that's how we do them too and they are So good!!

The Cat Whisperer - Ha Ha - Suzanne you never cease to amaze me with your talents - I am such a proud adopted mama (wink) - I love Saraphina's prediction though - that rodent can go back in it's hole and suck on his toes!!

Miss Megan said...

I am also a supporter of the Mac trash to treasure program...My bathroom currently has 4 or 5 empty eyeshadow compacts that I need to take down to Macy's. As for the Total John? Probably not ever going to try it. Just sayin'.

Heather said...

Those travel johns are hilarious! I can't believe that people won't even stop playing slots to go to the bathroom. I can't pee in a cup very well, let alone a travel john. But I guess I would if I had no other choice.

That is so cool you get a lipstick for trash.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails