Life is coming back to normal again, well other than the fact that the weather has been amazingly gorgeous and we spend all our free time outside now. However, the craziness is at a stall for a brief moment.......well that, or I am adjusting to the busy schedule that now that seems normal. Who knows! Just know that I am very happy and doing well.
Here are some random facts to catch up on what has happened lately:
1. Shaeler can now ride here bike sans training wheels. The first day, we had a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth, but the next day, she had it down pretty well. Now she rides off of the curbs and likes to ride up to me very fast and hit the brakes to make the squealing sound. As long as she has a helmet on, I am cool.
2. We have been working hard in the yard. We have weeded and trimmed bushes, I mowed the lawn and Brian tilled the garden with cow poop. It was a very lovely stench. I have started more seeds as I am thinking in my head that I do not have enough seeds started for my garden. Note to self, next year, do the little pods and get lots of starts. I have also started acclamating my grown seeds to the outside and cried as some cups had too many starts and I had to pull them out.
3. I admit that I am deliberately finding ways to get Shaeler in trouble so we can ground her from the television. I admit, some of my reasons may be dumb, but I cannot express to you the joy we have felt with the doors closed to the TV armoir and we are out playing, or doing things that are productive. Shae has even admitted that she likes it and has requested that she be grounded from the television until December. To which my reply was "Done!"
4. I have come to the conclusion that I am a very boring person to talk to because my life is dominated with church stuff. Well, boring to others, but as for myself, I am happy as a lark right now.
5. After a lot of events that have happened, we have decided that we want to spend more time together as a family. Instead of date nights, we will have family nights. I enjoy hanging around with our friends and eating at each others houses while our kids play. This feels really good and right. I long now to have our daughter with us more and more and she is learning that when she goes out with mom and dad, she needs to be a lady.
6. I finally have Adobe Photoshop 8. My boss had it at work and I was looking at it and he said that I could down load it if I wanted to. Well, heck ya! So I now have the Photoshop software downloaded and absolutely no time to work on pictures. Yeah, the irony is killing me too!
7. I am on the brink of vegetarianism. We went over to the Bowler's to see their 200, well no 196 chickens that they are raising. 10 weeks and the little guys are becoming KFC (Kristens Farmed Chicken) as the Bowlers will be selling organic chicken to eat. I am not on the brink of joining PETA or whatever they are called, but I cried on the way home from their house. (I know Kristen, and don't you dare tell Shayn!!) All life is sacred to me and I cannot emotionally handle being the cause to end it. That's why Shayn was put on this earth for me. I don't know, the jury is still out, but I don't ever want to see those chickens again and debating if I want to see them cut, skinned and ready to barbeque.
8. I am out running again. Well, it feels like running but my pace is probably a brisk walk for some. Why does it feel like my legs are 1000 lbs and I am dragging them? Why am I running and feeling weary? I obey the word of wisdom, what is up with that? I don't know but I am determined to run something this August or September. Not sure what yet, but I will do something with these 1000 lb legs.
9. I have been listening to General Conference every day on my IPOD and it is like listening to all new talks all over again. That and I have been listening to "Conversations" on the mormon channel. This is where Sheri Dew is interviewing General Authorities about their daily lives and stuff and it is great to listen to. I love Sister Dalton's interview with her husband. If you want the the link, let me know.
10. I am baking banana bread for the first time this week. I am really excited. The more I bake, the more motherly I feel. I am on the search for a wheat grinder so I can start making home made bread. I am taking the approach to replace one store bought item a month and replacing it with something I have made at home. My first goal, bread! If you have any recommndations for a wheat grinder, PUH-Lease send them my way!
I want to end with a side of gratitude. I had a moment recently where I had very terrible selfish and prideful thoughts. I even had a moment that I "looked" like I was breaking a commandment. It crushed me. I am so thankful for the Atonement and for my relationship with the Savior. I am thankful for personal revelation and inspiration that was given to me to mourn with those who need to mourn and comfort those who need comfort. I am thankful for repentance and knowing that there is a new day that I can start again. I am very grateful for the wonderful people in my life who put up with me. I am just grateful for my life and my sweet family.
I am just grateful.........................................just grateful!