Sunday, June 6, 2010

You Will Always Have a Special Place in My Heart!


Little America Hotel!

Brian and I recently celebrated our 11 year Anniversary over the Memorial Day Weekend!

A long time ago, we use to go to Little America for our Anniversary and then dive into the Sunday Brunch. We would run out giggling as we would stuff cookies in our pockets, purses, shoes, whatever to snag cookies out of there. We had our protocal: Brian would stuff himself silly with shrimp, I would be known by name at the crepe bar.

I always loved our little getaway. WAAYY better than the creepy "themed" rooms at other couple getaways. That's another post coming very soon. Alas, our tradition stopped of our little visit to Little America and I was sad.

This year, Brian said that we needed to go back to Little America for our anniversary and my heart shouted with glee!!

They no longer have the Sunday Brunch expect for special occasions which is fine by me because we prefer to stay Friday night rather than Saturday night. Well, they do have Buffets every day, so Brian gets his shrimp, but I don't get my crepes.

He then informed me it's not the shrimp he loves, it's the cocktail sauce. Alrighty then!
We booked the package that we always do. It is a Tower Room with a little gift when we open the door. I almost cried when I saw the old familiar water bottles, honey roasted peanuts, Utah truffles and the Mint Milano's! The Mint Milano's!! It was like being reunited with an old friend. I wept at the table.


We love the rooms at Little America. So classy, clean and LARGE! We love to sit on the couch and look out at the view. The night we stayed, the Buzz Baseball team had fireworks that night. Brian slept through it but whatever!


Best part, they give me my own robe to wear and chocolate mints on my pillow. Chocolate on my pillow before I go to bed. This is the best hotel EVER!


We celebrated our weekend with rest and relaxation. We visited the new Deseret Book and I got a book for my anniversary present.
Little America will always have a special place in my heart. It is a dear friend that I always feel happy, relaxed and spoiled. Bless you Little America!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Ooooh...what book did you get?

I love that Brian fell asleep during the fireworks. That's funny. Tell Bishop Rentmeister he better get over that - we can't have him sleeping on the stand.

Mom of three ♥ said...

That sounds like such a great time! Happy late Anniversary!

Julie Harward said...

I LOVE this place too...our first night was spent there...and we loved to have the super yummy halibut there...the best ever! Come say hi :D

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a great way to spend it! I am glad you guys went back!

Kurt and I stayed in a condo in Beaver canyon for our first 2 Anniversaries. We didn't do it last year but I am thinking about it this year. It is fun to have a special place for your anniversary! Ours is the condo! I am glad you guys have Little America!

Ann Marie said...

Bishop Rentmeister? What??
I hope Kristen is joking.. and you would tell us if that is real!?

I am happy that you had a good stay. I know how much you adore LA.. so I am happy for you!

Happy 11 years! One year.. we will have to celebrate somewhere all together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails