Friday, September 10, 2010

Fabulous Weekend at the Cabin! (Part 3)

After our adventurous hike at Calf Creek Falls, we drove back to the cabin to meet up with the Dority's. We were still hungry and tired and so we decided that some good cookin and ice cream was in order.


Even if some decided to wear it all over their face! Ahem!!
A great little cafe we really like is the Butch Cassidy's Hideout Cafe in Circleville. Everything is home cooked and they have ice cream there! MMMmmmmmm!
The food was excellent and in large portions. The ice cream was magnificent and everyone enjoyed their meals. Other than the cranky waitress, we had an excellent time and I highly recommend stopping here if you are ever in Circleville, UT. Which for most of you is like....never!
Now, we love the Dority's because they make us laugh all the time. Their family is KNOWN for their practical jokes. Becky has it in her blood and she cannot help herself. On the first day, Ian her son came out and asked what the red light in the bathroom was for?

She explained to him that our family installed tanning lights in the bathroom. Because we love to tan so much. To which he quickly replied "ooh, can I use it? I have some tan lines I want to get rid of." To which Becky replied "I think that is a great idea!"
So Ian takes off his shirt and asks his dad if he could borrow his sunglasses, laid a towel on the floor and shut the door for a 25 minute tanning session. And yes, I did convince him for a before shot to show him how tan he would get after. Here you go:
Now before I end this story there are a few facts that I want to let you in on:

1. Those are not tanning lights, it is a heat lamp to warm up the bathroom on cold nights.

2. Becky plays jokes on Ian ALL THE TIME!! You would think his guard would be up now that he is almost 13.

3. He was CONVINCED that this was a tanning room.

About 15 minutes of laying in the bathroom with the door closed, Ian and his cousin emerged hotter than a hot cupcake fresh out of the oven.

"It doesn't work!" he exclaimed. To which Becky tried to convince him that he needed to go the full 25 minutes to see a little redness. "I can't! It's too hot!"

After much hysterical laughing, Becky finally broke down and explained that the lights in the bathroom were not tanning lights but a heat lamp to help keep the bathroom warm.

"Oh man! No wonder why it was so hot in there."

Ian kept us laughing the entire time.

Here is Ian preparing to play kick the can one night. Notice the camouflage outfit and he insisted that Becky tie the sweatshirt around his head.
About 7 minutes later, Ian was done playing kick the can because he ran around in the dark and tripped over the sage brush and got a sliver. Good try my friend! Good try!

Ian had me rolling over his Chuck Norris Jokes. They are "facts" about Chuck Norris that are meant to be funny. Here are my favorites:

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

When the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.

Some people wear Superman Pajamas, Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

Chuck Norris sleeps with a pillow under his gun.

Oh, the list could go on and on. One thing I am for sure: I am buying me a Chuck Norris shirt!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

i love those crazy dority's! i thing i might have a secret crush on becky, just ask her.

Ann Marie said...

Part 3?? I guess I will have to go back and do some reading..

I love old towns.. and that cafe sounds yummy! I thought it was the "whipmaster" place. ha-ha

I love Becky! Who doesn't?
She is great fun. The tanning thing is a riot!

Julie Harward said...

LOL that is so funny...looks like lots of fun! ;D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails