Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Return with My Favorite Things!!

I am such a great mood today, that I thought I would share with you some of my favorite things that are making my life so rockin awesome lately.

So here we go in no particular order:

Favorite Eye Things


Rimmel London Gentle Eye Make Up Remover and Philosophy: Eye Hope cream.
I cannot get enough of these two products.  As I am now in my early 30's, and noticing the aging effects on my eyes. I wanted to do my part to protect the skin around my eyes that best to my ability.  The Rimmel eye make up remover is so gentle and soft and CHEAP!!  Reminds me of MK eye make up remover, except a third of the cost.  SCORE!  Super happy about that.  The Eye Hope is a very gentle eye cream that moisturizes, diminishes and smooths.  The eye cream was not cheap, but I use so little that I am hoping that it will last me at least 6 months.  Super happy about these two products and Yes, I can feel and see a difference with my eyes!  Hooray!

Favorite Hair Things
The life of my hair could seriously be a soap opera, however I am happy to report that I really love my new hair stylist Cassi.  I poured out my soul's complaint of my hair drama and she assisted me with some product that I am "in love" with.  Seriously, I would kiss these products, like on a commercial, yet I shant because when I see people kissing stuff like (trophies and such), it reminds me of idol worshipping. Ya know?
Anyway, It's a 10 leave in conditioner is wonderful, magical and lovely.  So lovely.  We live in a desert people and my hair would become all crazy full of static due to a lack of hydration.  Da, da, da, da!  It's a 10 has saved the day.  Hair is so smooth and soft.  Next I apply the Bed Head Small Talk and I would buy this stuff in a barrel if they would allow me.  The best way to describe this product is it reminds me of a whip in taming your hair in what way you want it to be styled.  It's like a task master for disobedient hair, which is my hair ALL.THE.TIME!!  It helps with volume and shine and I love it. LOVE IT!


 Favorite Movie Discount for FMN!


I have been debating for some time to start a tradition with my little family and after the Disney Movie Club contacted me, I was a go.  Disney Movie Club offered me 7 video's for $20.00 of my choosing.  All I have to do is be a member for 2 years and in that 2 year period buy 2 video's for full price.  The rest of the time, I can buy Disney video's for huge discount rates and once a month I say yes or no to some of their movie suggestions.  These are the 7 I picked out and I am itching to get more. 
Every Friday night, we sit as a family and make air popped popcorn and apples and watch a movie together.  Shaeler and Brian LOVE it!  In the summer time, I want to get a projector and play the movies outside against our house or fence.  I love the Disney Movie Club!

Favorite Things for Reading


This year, I set a new year's resolution to do a lot more reading.  Especially in my spiritual education.  This month I am reading:

Jesus the Christ (Excellent)
The Book of Mormon (Pure Bliss)
The Infinite Atonement (Highest Recommendation from multiple Bishops)
Return (So Beautiful)

I am reading ALL.THE.TIME.  And I love it!  I LOVE IT!!   It's like a spiritual buffet and everyday I gorge myself.  I am learning so much and truly my testimony is being strengthened.    My goal is to have them all done by the end of the month.  Piece of Cake, right?

Favorite Things: Juan Diego lives in My Basement, I swear!!


Brian has decided to experiment on the floor of our storage room.  Instead of paying big bucks for concrete stain, he has decided to try a home remedy to stain our concrete floor. 

Iron Sulfate + Coffee grinds + Water = Cement Stain

I have to admit, I was surprised when the floor started turning brown.  This is the dry color up above and it is actually quite a lovely dark brown when it is wet, which should be the color of the floor when the sealant is applied.  It has been funny watching Brian with his experiment, well other than the over whelming coffee smell in my basement.  I will have to keep you posted how it turns out.  I am just waiting for Juan Diego to follow the smell to our house and ask for a cup of Joe.  Sadly I will reply, no.

Favorite Things with Young Women


I am not sure how to talk about this one other than last week Brian mentioned something to me about my calling and it was the right button that I broke down into tears.  I was frustrated, lost and felt so empty in that aspect of my life.  This last Sunday, I had an answered prayer and felt so strongly about my purpose with the Young Women and the leaders of my stake.  I cannot be something that I am not, but I can use the gifts and talents that I have been given to help others.  It was a HUGE epiphany and I feel on fire!!  All I will say is that I love the young women, I love the leaders I get to serve with and I am honored that I can work and help build the Lord's kingdom with his precious daughters.

2 comments:

heather said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm interested in that Disney club thing, can anyone do it? Also, it's been my goal to read Jesus the Christ for at least five years now & I'm not past chapter 3 so props to you!!

Ann Marie said...

I can just see Brian hiding while he's buying the coffee grinds.. hahahaha!

This is such a happy post!
It's good to hear from you-- since we havent talked in such a long time!

I am FOR SURE going to check out those Hair products. We have the same problem here... MAJOR static going on...

HOPE we can get together sometime soon. We are thinking of doing a girls night the last weekend in Feb. Hope you can join us!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails