Friday, August 26, 2011

Rejoice! I am grateful for....

1.  Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins. 
2 men, 1 dream of bringing the family together with high quality old fashioned ice cream.  Their dream certainly changed my life.  I remember being a young child and the joy I would feel being taken to the Baskin Robbins in Kearns on 5400 South.  It was always one of my favorite treats of my life and I am so grateful for those wonderful memories.  Today, I still LOVE Baskin Robbins ice cream and was treated to a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake for my birthday.  IT WAS AWESOME!!  As I try every day to eat better and better and give many things up, this will be one that will either be the last or never let go.  Burt and Irv, thank you for fulfilling your dreams.  You make my dreams come true too!  And I mean that with all my heart as I am eating a leftover piece of ice cream cake. Cheers fellas!

2.  Beautiful, inspiring, and loving friends of my life.  I remember long ago crying my eyes out and venting my sorrows to Brian.  "Why do they have to be so mean?" I remember saying.  I remember going to my closet and praying to be taught how to be a better friend to those around me.  So hopefully I could be a good friend to others and be blessed by them.  Oh, how that plea has come to fruition ten fold on their part, still working on me.  I love the women who are a part of my life.  I love all the variety of women in my life.  Some I see constantly, some every once and a while and some is just contact by social media.  I am so blessed by their talents, their perspectives and their personalities.  I am spoiled by my girlfriends and I hope that I can be just as good for them as they are for me.   Thank you ladies, for everything that you have done for me.  Thank you for teaching me that there is a sisterhood bond that is deep and enriching and is as beautiful as a woman's touch!

3.  My family.  I am so grateful for Brian and Shae that it overwhelms me sometimes.  I truly have wonderful people in my life that are so very close to my heart.  My husband is a good man.  He is such a hard worker and I am inspired by his vision for our future.  There are so many possibilities and he keeps me focused on keeping my head down and working our guts out so that one day, we can achieve our dreams.  I love that he is humble and when things are off, he will work hard to get things back on track.  He is so good to me and I am so lucky to have him in my life.  Shaeler is also one of my greatest joys.  My baby is 7??!!  This is unbelievable!  She is growing up into a beautiful girl inside and out.  She makes me laugh more and more everyday.  Her quotes, her sense of humor, her questions, her observations are signs that she is not a baby anymore.  She is growing up.  I am just trying to soak it all in as much as I can!  I love you both, oh so much!

4.  My Heavenly Father, His Son, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost!  C'mon, you know me, you had to see that coming right?  I can't help it!  I end with all gratitude to them because everything I have, every blessing, every lesson, every breath is because of them.  EVERYTHING!  I would not be who I am, without them.  I am trying so hard to be a better person everyday because they inspire me for goals that are not of this world.  I know who I am, I know their part and I have work to do in this life.  I prefer to do that work with their constant companionship so that I can get it kind of right.  And to feel that peaceful healing when I mess it all up.  I am so grateful for all that I have been given.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails