Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Start of Something New

On May 30, 2103, Shae had her last day of school and I had my last day of my job........kind of.
 
And so we celebrated over the weekend. 
 
Shaeler and I have a tradition where we go downtown to have lunch on the last day of school.  We ate at the Lion House Pantry, we shopped at the Disney store and Claires, we got cookies at Ruby Snap and we went to the temple.


 
As the weekend rolled around, I have been working hard on my yard and dog gone it, I am going to have my garden this year.  The weeds are evil.  I knew if I plugged at it everyday, I would get it under control.   So far, I have 9/10 of it done.  The garden is clean and has been tilled and I am ready to plant!
 
Saturday, Shaeler and her buddies decided they would help me clean the house.  The scrubbed toilets, vacuumed, dusted, clean mirrors and mopped.  As a token of my gratitude, I took the ladies to Baskin Robbins for a treat.  Alas, I did not partake!  If that isn't proof of my dedication to not have ice cream, then I don't know what else to say.  I received a lot of pleasure in the ice cream mustaches.

 
Brian and I took them to Jump'n Bounce the night before, so I pretty much rank as the coolest mom ever! ;)  Proof is in the pudding.  They cleaned my house the next day!
 
Saturday night, the Hendrickson's came over to visit as Chad fixed our computer.  So wonderful to have their company and have heart felt talks.  They are an amazing family and we are so blessed to call them our dear friends.  Thank you to Chad because now I have the Internet back on my desktop computer.  Woowee!  Thank you Ann for trusting me to share your heart.  Great things are coming your way, I know it!
 
Monday was my first "official" day home and handling the Rentmeister Construction and Rentmeister Electric work.  What I thought would be a very calm day, turned out to be very busy.  So much happening in building the spec home and so many details to decide.  Now we are at the hard stuff to choose.  Tile, granite, cabinet colors, paint colors, and on and on.  At one point I had the thought, "wait  a minute, I feel busier than I was at my old job."  Dang it!  Well, at least I cut the commute out, right?
 
I am most excited about the new personal things that I am doing in my life.  It's all part of the healing process, and  being home is helping me heal some emotional wounds.  I am getting stronger every day.  Something new has started and I cannot wait to travel down this road.  There is great joy in this journey and I am so blessed!
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails