Here we are again at the beginning of the month. Is it just me or is time just flying by? Well the beginning of the month for me means a gratitude list. So here we go:
1. I am thankful for my camera. The past few months, I have never taken so many pictures in my life. I truly believe in the long run, even the silliest pictures will have great meaning. I guess this past week I have really valued any picture as I have been on the hunt trying to find anything of my ancestry. I realize pictures were hard back then, but I would hope that since journal writing was not really the forte of my ancestors, that maybe they would leave some kind of documentation through a moment of taking a picture. I believe it was hard to have your picture taken back then, but maybe they did to have some type of documentation that they were here, alive and a real person. It saddens me when I try to take pictures of my family members and I get the duck or the unhappy face. I want my children and grandchildren and great grandchildren to know the people that I love and our stories. So if I take your picture, be patient! It is for posterity purposes.
2. Here we go again, but I am really thankful for the family budget. Sorry people, but I am on a 3-5 year plan and so this is not the last time you are going to hear this. Part of me is writing this so I can continue to convince myself that this is easy and if I endure, great rewards. I have found that the more aware I am of where my money is being spent, the more money I am saving. Dave Ramsey has been a real answer to our prayers with his book. It has just clicked. Poor Shaeler is in a current growth streak and I am waiting until she is finished to buy her new clothes and shoes. Not in the budget to do that twice this year. He little toes are curling over her sandals. It is so sad! It will happen and patience is a virtue. Truly teaching me to appreciate and stretch the things we already have. We have also taken a huge step into where we are trying to go with this budget and that in itself is extremely gratifying. Yay!
3. I am thankful for trials. Yes, I said it and I don't regret it. This last month has been so interesting to me. Right now I am not the one going through an immense, life changing, humbling, bruised knees trial, but my husband is. Watching him and experiencing his pain and grief through this trial has been a whole new experience for me. Usually it is me with the chaotic life and character testing experiences. He is usually the rock, the wisdom that I can turn to at all times. It says in Mosiah 23:21, Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith. I truly feel that the Lord gives us trials to teach us and help us become more like Him. He does it sheerly out of love. My test right now is to be the compassionate loving rock for him and to love him and listen. Brian, I know your read my blogs and I want you to know that I love you and no matter what, we have each other!
4. I am thankful for 97 cent cake mixes. Oh yeah baby! As I was lollygagging around Target this week, I saw that Target sells their Betty Crocker Cake mixes at 97 cents and that wasn't even a sale price. Sadly, I did not have any cash on me, so I must return to stock up. Since having cake mixes in my food storage, we have been getting extremely creative on when we are using them and how. My mixer I got for Christmas is surely paying for itself now. If I blog that I have figured out how to make a dinner out of cake mixes, call a specialist because that will mean that I am out of control. Still, you cannot beat a 97 cent cake mix. Even Wendy's upped their dollar menu to $1.19. 97 cents is a real steal.
5. I am thankful for 3 baby blessings in my ward. 3 beautiful boys and 3 very happy and gleaming families. I had one friend talk to me in Sunday School and said she thought of me during the blessings and was hoping I was ok. Really, I couldn't be happier for these families and I would NEVER want them to let my situation take the joy out of their happy occasion. I told my friend that I did have the thought that in my ward, I was going to talk to the Bishop about starting an infertility club, but then I realized that I would be the only member in my ward and being President, Counselors and Secretary would be too overwhelming with my current calling. So I decided to postpone it for a while. I'm just kidding, but the thought did cross my mind about the club. With just 1 member I could have an incredible attendence record. ;)
6. I am very thankful for my testimony. What a year this has been. June 3rd will be my 1 year mark in my calling and let me tell you, it has been one crazy year. Through all of the trials, tears, joys and service, my testimony of the Savior has doubled. It is hard to describe in words the love that I have for Him and his grace and his love for my benefit. I can truly say that I know Him, I love Him and will do anything that he asks of me. I understand His plan and I want to do everything I humanly can to help. He is my light, my rock and my friend. I couldn't ask for anything more. What I ask is: What more can I do for thee?
June is going to be one chaotic month, but I say BRING IT ON! Love you guys!